Re: new fields in debian/control

Jason Gunthorpe <jgg@ualberta.ca> writes:

> That is not at all how a commercial company will see it. They will see an
> uncontrolled group of 500 people who can be mistaken as their tech
> support, the first time one of their users don't get a good enough
> response from us (or better yet, a rude response) they will go ballistic.

Barring all cryptographic details, I can imagine a VAR that could
implement a micropayment scheme where a participating maintainer is
paid for each bug-report solved to the satisfaction of the user (even
if it is by just telling him /nicely/ what he has done wrong).

Would that be commercialization? I dunno. Earning some extra bugs
while improving Debian is not that bad.

Gotta run to the patent office ... <g>

--
Robbe