Re: Field compression

Edward Betts <edward@debian.org> writes:

> I wonder whether my idea is useful for anything? Can anybody see any
> flaws? Or are the possible gains to small to worry about?

just some alike observations:

When distributing flat sorted wordlists it is often good to use sq(1)
before doing any other compression. gzip and bzip2 is great all-around
compression tools but when you have a lot of information about the
content it often is easy to make better ad hoc algorithms.

1) from ispell(2)
2) wow both manpage marker and comment(3)
3) No entry for ispell in section 2 of the manual

--
Peter