Re: Making dpkg-gencontrol behave....

Clay Crouch wrote:
> You will see that there are *.changelog files in debian/. The ones
> that are there have the source tree name (jx) in them. If you change
> the names to the package names from debian/control, dpkg-gencontrol
> whines about conflicting values.

So, to summarize, a quick reproduce is:

joey@kite:~/tmp/jx-1.5.3>head debian/notebook.changelog
notebook (1.0.1-1) unstable; urgency=low

  * Initial Release.

 -- Clay Crouch <danno@debian.org>  Mon, 17 Jul 2000 18:38:28 -0500

Local variables:
mode: debian-changelog
End:

joey@kite:~/tmp/jx-1.5.3>head debian/control
Source: jx
Section: non-free/source
Maintainer: Clay Crouch <danno@debian.org>
Standards-Version: 3.1.1

joey@kite:~/tmp/jx-1.5.3>dpkg-gencontrol -ldebian/notebook.changelog -pnotebook
dpkg-gencontrol: error: source package has two conflicting values - jx and notebook

I see that dpkg-gencontrol is looking at the debian/control file, reading the
Source: line and bombing when it doesn't match the changelog. This is actually
a very important check to have in general, and I don't think we can change it.
I think you're best off just using ther source package name in all changelogs.

--
see shy jo