Re: [gnome] Re: The GNOME community appreciates what red Hat is doing

bortzmeyer@pasteur.fr (Stephane Bortzmeyer) writes:

> On Monday 24 July 2000, at 2 h 11, the keyboard of Paul Seelig
> <pseelig@mail.Uni-Mainz.de> wrote:
>
> > This here presents IMHO a good argument for shipping a distribution
> > with software versions which are not considered obsolete by it's
> > upstream maintainers.
>
> To summary de Icaza: I'm quite ashamed of what I've done before, I really wish
> it should disappear from the surface of earth, and, this time, I *swear* it
> will be fine.

This is not what Miguel said and not what he wants to be understood.
Maybe you should check your english skills?

> And we should base our policy on that?

No, we shouldn't base our policy on the misunderstandings of any
fellow developers.  But we shouldn't be shippping obsolete beta
software which has been superseded by their upstream authors with
their official current release version.

Receiving bug reports for obsolete and since long fixed software
versions because distributors strictly preferred policy instead of
cooperation counts as a major annoyance for upstream authors IMHO.

                                      Cheers, P. *8^)
--
   ------------ Paul Seelig <pseelig@mail.uni-mainz.de> -------------