Re: PIPI (Parsed Input Process Initiator) -- another silly proposal?

Colin Watson writes:

> I much prefer the process substitution feature of bash(1) (and possibly
> other shells), where one can do things like:
>
>   $ diff <(sed s/-/./g < file) <(tr - . < file)

I think it was shamelessly stolen from rc(1) ;-)

Seriously, though, would someone like to document this? I see no
mention of it in the REDIRECTION section of the man page, or any
occurence of the string '<('. AKAICT, bash(1) is not one of those man
pages GNU is trying to replace with info.

--
There is no TRUTH. There is no REALITY. There is no CONSISTENCY. There
are no ABSOLUTE STATEMENTS. I'm very probably wrong. -- BSD fortune(6)