Re: Bug addressing [was Re: About new fields in debian/control for bug reporting.]

Chris Lawrence <lawrencc@debian.org> writes:

> > If we go with the URL, would it be easy to pass this URL to existing
> > bug submission tools and have them do the right thing?  If there were
> > a command that took the name of a package and returned a URL, would
> > the tools use it?
>
> Is this command really needed?  All you need to do is parse the
> dpkg -s output for the package, and look for a Bugs-Submit-To field,
> falling back on some Origin lookup.

Having such a command buys us some flexibility in how we store this
info.  Also, I think we _should_ transparently support other origins.

See <http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-0007/msg01332.html> (but
replace the -To and -Style fields with just a URL).

-itai