Re: gpm and X problem investigated

We discussed this previously (I think on debian-testing). The odd thing with
the configuration is, that the user has to specify twice the mouse type
(during gpm and during X setup). Even worse, if the user decides to use a PS/2
instead of a serial mouse, he has to change it at several places. Thus to me
it seemed to be a good idea to configure the real mouse at gpm setup and reuse
the settings within X by this repeat feature.

The middle mouse button works flawless, if you select the Intellimouse
protocol:

Section "Pointer"
    Protocol    "IntelliMouse"
    Device      "/dev/gpmdata"