Re: Security of Debian SuX0r?

On Fri, Sep 01, 2000 at 08:06:20PM -0400, Jonathan D. Proulx wrote:

> Anything less than 700 breaks RSA authentication for ssh.  A point to
> consider though I'll gladly concede that anyone using RSA keys ought
> to know what permissions they want on their home directory and how to
> change them.

wrong, ssh only cares if the home directory is *WRITABLE* by other
users then the owner, not if its readable.

my home directory is mode 710 and ssh works fine, on other systems my
home is mode 755 and ssh still works fine (all with RSA auth and
StrictModes yes)

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/