Re: Help on Debian Project - Need Me?

On Sat, Sep 02, 2000 at 07:40:43PM -0700, Kyle Lynch wrote:
> Hello, I'm Kyle Lynch, ive worked with Debian for a little while, it beats
> all the other dists :)
>
> Anyway, I'm wondering, is there any need for a website redesign or any icon
> needs? I have Adobe Photoshop and I am a expert at it. I use Macromedia
> Dreamweaver and I would LOVE to help this great project. I would love to be
> on a website redesign team or Icon Creation Team. Does anyone know where I
> can go to help on this or who I should contact?

Well, IMO, anything that goes on the Debian website better be created by
free software. No offense, but if I start seeing "Made with Macromedia" or
"Designed with Photoshop" on the website, there will be hell to pay :)

There are several criteria for the website, unspoken, but surely everyone
knows this:

a) It needs to be browsable by text-only browsers without going through
   some "click here for cheezy text only site".
b) Graphics need to be created in Gimp (is there any other free graphics
   program around worth its salt?).
c) Geared towards informational and structural concerns rather than "eye
   candy".

When I go to the Debian webpage, I want answers and information, and I
think most people feel the same way.

Ben