Re: debhelper or fakeroot problem?

From: Henrique M Holschuh <hmh+debianml@rcm.org.br>
Subject: Re: debhelper or fakeroot problem?
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 23:08:55 -0300

> On Wed, 06 Sep 2000, Atsuhito Kohda wrote:
> > dpkg-shlibdeps: warning: unable to find dependency information for shared library /usr/lib/libfakeroot/libfakeroot (soname 0, path /usr/lib/libfakeroot/libfakeroot.so.0, dependency field Depends)
> [...]
> > What is the problem and is there anyone who encountered the same
> > problem?
>
> It happens here everytime as well, but I simply ignore it, as no bogus
> information (dependency) on libfakeroot is being inserted anyway.

I see.  And, yes, it does nothing bad in fact to a package
but it is annoying and makes one very uneasy.

> I don't know if there's a way to shut dpkg-shlibdeps up AND cause it to
> still NOT include any bogus dependencys on libfakeroot.

I guess there might be something wrong anywhere.
Thanks for your information.

Best Regards,			2000.9.6

--
 Debian JP Developer - much more I18N of Debian
 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp>