Re: Problems with mail system? [Fwd: Returned mail: User unknown]

On Fri, Sep 08, 2000 at 11:10:12AM +1100, Craig Sanders wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 05:00:39PM -0500, Joseph Carter wrote:
> > On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 08:44:06PM +0000, Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:

[snip, snip, snippety-snip]

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I just joined the debian-devel list yesterday, all excited about being
able to possibly contribute code and insights to the installation
system to make it more palatable to those who would like to install
the OS in < 5 minutes a la Kickstart/Jumpstart.  Maybe I'd even build
some .debs for software for which there are none yet.

However, the first thing I see is some pointless bickering about DNS
and email.  I am now very turned off because instead of seeing a bunch
of bright developers, I'm seeing a voluminous amount of off-topic
flaming.

I suspect that Debian development would move a lot faster if you
stopped worrying about relatively inane administrivia like whether
fwd/rev DNS entries match and instead moved on with coding and QA.
Everyone has a different security philosophy and we all have to learn
to deal with that.

As an olive branch, I'm not even going to bother offering my opinion
on the matter at hand. ;-)

So, who wants to talk about installation?

--
Michael S. Fischer <michael@dynamine.net>      AKA Otterley         _O_
Lead Hacketeer, Dynamine Consulting, Silicon Valley, CA              |