Re: RFC: fix for daemon start (2)

On Thu, 14 Sep 2000, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Miquel van Smoorenburg wrote:
> > I like it, but why not fold this functionality in update-rc.d itself?
> > update-rc.d --query ? And why not define update-rc.d --list as well..
>
> I think LSB is still looking for something as well..

Well, I have no information about the LSB ideas on the issue.

I am not heavily oposed to have initscriptquery functionality merged into
update-rc.d. However, someone else who writes good perl will have to step up
to do it, as I can't.

I just fail to see any heavy benefits in this merge, but I would not be
disappointed if you guys convinced me that I'm wrong :-)

BTW, what would update-rc.d --list do?  List the runlevels where a daemon is
started and stopped ?  Would it need to list any (possible) administrative
policies for that daemon?

  Henrique Holschuh