Re: MIDI Notation Software

In Fri, 15 Sep 2000 21:32:46 -0300, de profundis Henrique M Holschuh <hmh+debianml@rcm.org.br> cum veritate scripsit

hmh+debianml> Well, the newest timidity + the newest releases of ALSA (both are in woody)
hmh+debianml> will allow you to hook timidity as a sequencer. But I don't know if ALSA has
hmh+debianml> built-in support to redirect one MIDI port to another...

Of course, we can probably already do this with ALSA's dummy MIDI driver, and
probably playing around with renaming some of the filenames around
/dev/midi?.

What I really want is some "patching bay" system that "MIDI capable"
system can notify it so that they have some MIDI output and MIDI
input, and the user can make the route between the MIDI input and
output via some interface.

ALSA midi drivers may provide their virtual MIDI in and OUT devices,
timidity can provide its virtual MIDI in device, and software
sequencers can provide their MIDI in and out devices. And I want to be
able to link them in any way I want.

I am looking for some implementation of that, and if I can't find any,
I am willing to code up something...

I've just went around and bought a USB-Midi thing, that connects
2-channel of MIDI. I really want to be able to use it in Linux.

regards,
	junichi

--
University: ti0113@mail4.doshisha.ac.jp    Netfort: dancer@netfort.gr.jp