Re: apt and multiple connections

Christian Surchi wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 22, 2000 at 07:14:33PM -0600, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
>
>  > Or the user could just pick a good mirror to start with - we do have 140
>  > of them.
>
>  Do we have an official and updated list of mirrors? We have always an
>  older list in netselect package, for example, and I think it's important
>  to allow people choose easily a good mirror for their connections.

Attached is an old and simple perl script that uses netselect to help
you determine your (assuming you live in the US) fastest debian mirror,
based on the round-robin (I assume) DNS entry for http.us.debian.org.

It seems somewhat relevant.

--
Evan Martin - eeyem@u.washington.edu
http://students.washington.edu/eeyem