Re: apt and multiple connections

On Fri, Sep 22, 2000 at 06:55:35PM -0700, Seth Cohn wrote:
> Yick.  The current method is much cleaner, if not quite as efficent.
> I don't like the idea of getting _parts_ of a file from different places,
> thank you.

Why not? There's a non-free Windows program called FlashGet which
does this and it's very effective. Given a URL, it will set up multiple
connections to the same place to download part of the file each. If
it can, it'll locate mirrors of the file and download parts from
those servers (after determining the fastest with ping) instead.
Very effective, if anti-social.

Hamish