Re: kernel-image and epoch

On 25 Sep 2000, Robert D. Hilliard wrote:

> > Is there any way yet to do that without having to invoke dselect, a
> > part of Debian that I haven't seen in nine months.

It has been now exhaustively shown that the epoch usage breaks policy.

I presume, therefore, that it will be removed before woody, if not sooner.

I've already seen a significant number of people abandon Debian kernel
packaging altogether because of this irritating.  It would be a shame
to alienate any more people.

c.