Re: New libc6 breaks exim?

On Thu, Sep 28, 2000 at 09:21:06AM +0200, Petr Cech wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 27, 2000 at 11:31:24PM -0400 , Ben Collins wrote:
> > >
> > > Well I think following redhat's lead no matter how broken is a very bad
> > > path to go down. Raise a stink instead.
> >
> > Redhat does neither of the things suggested. Instead, they have a
>
> it uses glibc-2.1.3 db2. So you can say, they've added symbols to db2

No, *they* didn't, glibc did.

> > compat-lib package that basically copies around the old RH 6.2
> > libdb.so.[23]. IOW, they aren't compiling it anymore. They are copying it.
>
> db2 package doesn't look like only a  compatibility lib

db2 isn't, but the libdb.so.[23] libs are compatibility.

> > With our policy, we can't do anything like this.
>
> there is source for it in the redhat archive, so it can be recompiled, I'd
> think.
>
> 				Petr Cech
> P.S. their ldconfig doesn't segfault on me

Now does ours for me. Remember something, RH is using the mainline
(unreleased) GCC aswell. I really can't believe that they even released
RH7 using a pre glibc AND gcc. This will probably end up biting *us* in the
ass though :/