Re: Proposal regarding Bruce's proposal.

On Tue, 18 Feb 1997, Ian Jackson wrote:

> I strongly suggest that you leave this kind of thing to someone with
> more experience of such things.  Crypto and security stuff is _very_
> easy to get wrong in a way that's not obvious - after all, if you
> write an ordinary bug in your code users will complain, but noone
> complains about security problems until the horse has bolted.

Discussing this here is probably in the spirit of Debian, but Ian
points out the reality of the situation.  Would it perhaps be
better for the BoD to select a team to develop this (and other
security issues that effect debian as a whole)?  Their progress,
etc. could be followed by the rest of us without impacting it
somehow, I think.

Just a thought.

Richard G. Roberto
richr@bear.com