Re: An alternative to deb-make Re: deb-make

Michael Alan Dorman claims:
> I guess that technically, I should have said that "the programs around
> which the standard was written doesn't acknowledge that multi-binary
> packages exist (and don't do some other things well---which
> complicates developers lives and creates non-standard behaviors--and
> suggests that the standard should be considered broken".

The new source package format _was_ designed with multi-binary
packages in mind.  dpkg itself is such a package !

If you think you can't get it to work you've probably done something
wrong, like not RTFM'ing dpkg-source(1).  In particular, note the -T,
-p, -P, -d &c options to the various tools.  See the dpkg debian/rules
file for an example.

Ian.

--
This message was delayed because the list mail delivery agent was down.