Re: need policy drafts from you

Christian Schwarz <schwarz@monet.m.isar.de> writes:

> Then there was a discussion about some compiler option one has to specify
> when compiling shared libraries that should work in a multi-threading
> environment. I don't think we have something written on this yet. Could
> someone post a proposal for this here on debian-devel?

There have been several threads discussing this, and the final
conclusion was that Debian would go with LinuxThreads, and all
programs providing libraries (static or shared) need to ensure that
they compile them with the gcc option -D_REENTRANT.

I believe that many of the libraries (libg++, lesstif, etc) have
already been modified to support this.

--
Rob