Mercury compiler (policy, anybody)?

I could possibly package Mercury compiler (which is on wish list) but
I have two questions about it first:

1. (Policy question):
  Mercury contains binary `mc', which is the same name as for popular
  Midnight Commander binary.  I didn't like to see such a stupid
  conflict between mercury and mc only because their binaries have the
  same name.  Is there some solution of this problem?

2. (Mercury specific question):
  Because my machine is small (486/120 + 24MB RAM + 30MB swap) and
  compilation of Mercury takes several hours on it eating much
  resources I'll package it only if nobody else wants it.  So is there
  anybody who wants it?

Thanks.

Milan Zamazal