Re: Possible framework for `debmake replacement'

On Feb 24, Manoj Srivastava wrote
> >> What I think he's talking about, though, is not having to fill your
> debian> rules with cp's and mv's and ln's and so forth, but instead
> >> being able to operate at a "high level" when it comes to specifying
> >> these things.
>
> David> Yes, yes, yes!
>
> 	fine. How about, say, 1-10 include directives, and nary a cp
>  mv or ln?

That's a step in the right direction, IMO, but I would reverse the
includes.  Rather than have debian/rules included snippets from global
makefiles, I would have a global makefile include debian/rules.

> 	How did I get involved in an implementation discussion in a
>  requirements phase?

Well, you were the one that asked for examples. :-)

David
--
David Engel                        ODS Networks
david@sw.ods.com                   1001 E. Arapaho Road