Solved: Erk! Something is *really* wrong here!

Well, it seems that it's the kernel.  I noticed a pattern of these bad
things happening after I rebooted (I didn't remember I upgraded the kernel
in lilo.conf) so I'm now back on 2.0.28 (2.0.29 was what I was on) and it's
working fine.  I've also checked my compilation of 29 and it's exactly that
of 28 - so my guess is it's a bug in the kernel.

At 06:55 PM 2/26/97 +0800, Karl Ferguson wrote:
>Hi Guys.
>
>For some reason now I'm getting bad logging to the wtmp file.  When a
>client logs in it puts them in there, and then when another logs in it
>wipes the first one out and puts the new one in there.
>
>It says rubbish like this:
>

>P		******y**3	Wed Feb 26 18:50 - 18:54  (00:04)
>
>And the like.  Something has corrupted it big time.  I've gone through the
>rex-fixed archive degrading from all of bo and still don't have any success
>- can someone help?

   Karl Ferguson,
   Tower Networking Pty Ltd                     karl@tower.net.au
   t/a STAR Online Services                      karl@debian.org