Re: Freezing Bo (Debian 1.3)

[Sent to you only - I may have missed the conclustion of the discussion.
please post if appropriate]

In article <[🔎] 33147FBE.452B40D2@verisim.com> you write:
>I've been granted the position of "distribution manage" so I'd like to
>get underway with freezing Bo.  This was originally scheduled for tomorrow,
>but it'll take at least a week to get going.
>
>Does anybody have any concerns that must be addressed before the freeze?

There was a fair amount of talk about putting non-free and contrib under
stable/unstable. There seemed to be a fair degree of support for this
reorganisation on debian-devel (though I support the idea so may be biased).

IIRC the idea was something like:

stable/
   non-free
   contrib
   debian

etc.

This needs to be done now, or you could decide to do it in the next unstable.

Dselect may need to be changed to allow this to work cleanly.

Chris