Re: Crypto signing of packages

>>"Ian" == Ian Jackson <ian@chiark.greenend.org.uk> writes:

 I like this proposal better than the old one.

 However; I'm not sure about competence or integrity requirements;
 some how it goes against the grain for someone who is not issuing my
 paycheck.

 If we are going to act  and issue key revocations about maintainer
 keys, then we should recommend that maintainers generate a separate
 key for package maintainence, and that key possibly be held in escrow
 at the master key maintenance sites (It should need two out of three
 sites to unlock the key database). The maintainer hols the other copy
 of the secret key. The idea of holding the package-maintainer key in
 escrow also allows us to deal with lost keys.

	manoj

--
 "Just out of curiosity does this actually mean something or have some
 of the few remaining bits of your brain just evaporated?" Patricia O