Re: proposal for limiting menu icons color and size

Chris Walker:
> Personally, I think that a 16x16 looks right on my fvwm2 menu as it is
> roughly the same size as the text.
>
> Certainly icons on menus should be smaller than 32x32, and I'm in
> favour of restricting that to 16x16 (Though I'm willing to be
> convinced otherwise). Perhaps this could be user configurable.

Personally, I find 16x16 icons worthless, because I can't see them. But
16x16 icons should be provided along with the 32x32 icons. There should be
some easy way to switch between them. I just didn't put that in my proposal,
becuase the menu program lacks an easy way to change between sizes of icons
right now, and we'll have to wait until Joost gets back from vacation to get
it changed.

> PS I'm currently having problems with user menus and fvwm2. I'll try to
> investigate further when I have time. It may just be failure to RTFM
> properly on my behalf. /usr/doc/menu and man update-menus differ on
> whether they should be in ~/.menu or ~/.menus though I think there is
> more to it than that

User menus are still (IMHO) broken, becuase the user has to run update-menus
all the time to update them (whenever a package is added to the system, the
user must update their menus). Joost and I have discussed this, but it isn't
fixed yet. Also, I think user menus haven't got much testing yet, you you
might have just hit a bug.

--
               "true - do nothing, successfully" - - true (1)