Re: new mirror site

bruce@pixar.com (Bruce Perens) writes:

> Who is keeping the mirror list now?

> From: "H. Peter Anvin" <hpa@transmeta.com>

> Hi,

> FYI: ftp.kernel.org is now mirroring ftp.debian.org:/pub/debian; the
> URL is:

>         ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/mirrors/debian/
> or
>         http://ftp.kernel.org/pub/mirrors/debian/

BTW, the mirror at debian.crosslink.net is missing the following
packages, even though they appear in the "Packages" file:

   localebin
   wg15-locale

These have been missing for a while now, I just got around to checking
tonight and they appear to exist on ftp.debian.org.

The other dselect problem that I current have is that 'modules'
depends on 'modutils', which doesn't exist.  So 'bo' has no loadable
module support.

Version 2.1.23-1 has been stuck in incoming since Feb 27,
and version 2.1.23-2 was rejected because the distribution "frozen" is
unknown.

It seems that there is a lot of older stuff lying in Incoming,
"ls -lt *.changes" shows some stuff as old as Feb 13.  Is there a
reason the install script is ignoring this stuff?

I uploaded xtar on Mar 1, and amaya on Mar 7, and they haven't been
installed. Yet after that I uploaded a few other packages that were
installed... Is there something wrong with the scripts?

Steve
dunham@cps.msu.edu