Non-English bootdisks

I have seen Debian bootdisks which use languages
other than English, e.g. Italian, French and
Japanese. I am interested in providing bootdisks
which use Swedish and Danish, respectively.
The translations will be done by a skilled translator.

What is the policy on this?
Are these non-English bootdisks unofficial hacks?
In any case, I wish someone to take responsibility
for this issue. It would be much easier to get this
job done if it is organized more or less as the
Gnu Translation Project.

Perhaps these questions should go to debian-i18n,
but I don't know if that list still exists...

--

Göran Andersson <goran_a@maths.lth.se>