squid 1.1.8 (was Re: FREEZE!)

On 25 Mar 1997, Guy Maor wrote:

> I am temporarily (24 hours) disabling uploads to Incoming.  After
> Incoming is processed, consider bo, non-free, and contrib frozen.

I've packaged an updated version of squid as Miquel has been away for a
while (current deb version is 1.1.1.  upstream version is 1.1.8.  many bug
fixes - some Linux specific - and a few new features).  All i did was take
the new upstream source, run deb-make, copy in Miquel's debian/ directory
from his 1.1.1-1 package, and then tidy up a bit (rm -f debian/*.ex)

I've been running it for over a week on two systems (one small proxy, one
HUGE) with no problems.  in fact, it works better and faster than the old
version did under heavy load.

what should i do with it? does anyone want me to upload it to Incoming to
go into frozen?

what was the policy on non-maintainer releases?  -0 for debian version or
something like that?

Package: squid
Section: web
Installed-Size: 728
Maintainer: Miquel van Smoorenburg <miquels@cistron.nl>
Version: 1.1.8-1
Depends: libc5 (>= 5.4.0-0), netbase
Recommends: www-browser, apache
Conffiles:
 /etc/squid.conf 88125ebeec8df9e98bb686214c116875
 /etc/init.d/squid 368aa0efbad81d24bb4a16665ec47496
 /etc/cron.daily/squid e9e9095cb2aae0bba02a9cbbf32c5891
 This is the Squid Internet Object Cache developed by the National
 Laboratory for Applied Networking Research (NLANR) and Internet
 volunteers.  This software is freely available for anyone to use.  The
 Squid home page is http://www.nlanr.net/Squid/.
 .
 This software is based on the Harvest Object Cache developed by the
 University of Colorado and the University of Southern California.  The
 Harvest home page is http://harvest.cs.colorado.edu/.