Re: Remaining critical bugs (IMHO)

From: Raul Miller <rdm@test.legislate.com>
To: Malc Arnold <malc@thing.demon.co.uk>
Cc: Steve Dunham <dunham@dunham.tcimet.net>, Bruce Perens <bruce@pixar.com>,
        Santiago Vila Doncel <sanvila@unex.es>,
        Brian White <bcwhite@verisim.com>,
        Debian Developers <debian-devel@lists.debian.org>,
        Richard Kaszeta <kaszeta@me.umn.edu>
> This is (should be) a configuration issue. People who aren't involved
> in Sun style networking but are involved in astronomy (for example)
> might have a different view on the value of having the clock set right.

To do this, you have to set the basedisks.sh script to include both
"posix" and "right" timezones in the base archive, and you have to
have a configuration question about this. For now, just installing the
"posix" ones instead of the "right" ones should be enough for the release.

I agree that it's a hassle for astronomy and satellite communications
programs. However, most of those programs are currently written to work
with Posix time, so they may be double-correcting on a Debian system.

		Thanks

		Bruce
--
Bruce Perens K6BP   Bruce@Pixar.com   510-215-3502