Re: Bug system severities

> I have now half-implemented the mechanism described below.  You can
> now set the severity on a bug report using the `severity' command in
> the control@bugs mailserver, or by including a Severity:
> psuedo-header in your original report.
> `critical': makes other software on the system (or the whole system)
> break, or causes serious data loss, or introduces a security hole on
> systems where you install the package.

Excellent!!!

May I propose that we use that mechanism for controlling what goes
into 'stable' when we do a major release.  Anything that is marked
as 'critical' doesn't go in.  This would be a major step forward
for our quality control.

I also have a minor request - if you have time, could you package
up the bug system in a .deb file?  That would be cool, since it
might help to encourage people to build "side distributions" using
dpkg and the related tools.  It would be nice to do the same thing
with dinstall too.

I'm planning (in a few months) on building a "side distribution" of
documentation packages.  I have set up the bug system here as a test,
but it looks like I'll have to scoop the files out of your account
on master again.  :-)

Cheers,

 - Jim