dpkg, dselect

I am trying to install Debian as an upgrade to an existing system
(slackware) and need the programs dpkg and dselect to bootstrap
access to the packages.  As I imagine others may be in a simular
situation, I suggest that these files be provided as a
transfer/bootstrap set along with any other files which may be needed
for other Linux relieses to install Debian packages.
--
Peter Hanely