Re: Bug system severities

On Thu, 4 Sep 1997, Ian Jackson wrote:

> Bugs with `Severity: difficult' would not get nag messages; that would
> avoid having to classify things as wishlist items just to stop the
> nags when in fact they are bugs.

 I think that `difficult' shouldn't be a `severity', it's orthogonal to
it.
 It could be added a new field `state'. `State:' would be one of:
`forwarded', `difficult', `research' and `new'.
 Reported bugs would be automatically given the `new' state, and the
number of packages in the `new' state would indicate weather the
maintainer is working or not =).

--
Nicolás Lichtmaier.-