Re: Bug system severities

> IMHO I don't like the way that Ian just added the "Severity" field - I
> think that it should have been discussed on the list beforehand.

Oh, come on! The only discussion we haven't had on debian-* yet is
whether we should first have a formal debate that later outlines
how we are going to discuss changes to be proposed by somebody.

_EVERY_ other discussion has been here, it's just that there's always
somebody who "misses" it.

As others have pointed out: there has been discussion about the severity
of the bugs. And, as with all other discussions, it first attracted
many people, expressing there views, and then the discussion died down,
and nothing happened. The  people that joined the discussion expressed
many different views, but I think they all agreed on one point: something
should happen. And I'm also rather sure everybody would agree that
what Ian did was an improvement.

--
joost witteveen, joostje@debian.org
#!/usr/bin/perl -sp0777i<X+d*lMLa^*lN%0]dsXx++lMlN/dsM0<j]dsj