Re: I intend to stand for the project leadership

On Tue, 23 Sep 1997 14:29:00 PDT Bruce Perens (bruce@debian.org)
wrote:

> If Ian sincerely wants to run for project leader, he could take on the
> currently-vacant operations V.P. position (open since Dan Quinlan's
> resignation) for now, so that he can show us that he actually has the
> time and inclination to do the job, and so that he can catch up with the
> project.

Sorry if this is harsh but:
I thought this VP titles/whatever were dead. All this VP, deity manager things makes me real sick. These things belong to companies, not free software projects.
What have the current VP done ?
I thought we agreed on a dictatorial leadership, and that's all.

Phil.