Re: `gs-aladdin-5.03': I've packaged it.

    Guy> karlheg@inetarena.com (Karl M. Hegbloom) writes:
    >> Depends: libc6, libjpeg6a, libpng0g, svgalibg1 |
    >> svgalib-dummyg1, xlib6g (>= 3.3-5), zlib1g, libpaper (>=1.0-1)

    Guy> libjpeg6 and libpaper are libc5, so this package is bad.

    Guy> There is a libjpegg6a, but its maintainer goofed and put the
    Guy> wrong entry in the .shlibs file.

 Ok, well, I've recompiled with libjpegg6a (6a-5).  I don't know if
 that's the one with the goof or not.  Is it?  The depends won't
 change, anyhow.

 As far as `libpaper' goes, the library itself is not linked to any
 other libraries.  The reason the package has a depends on libc5 is
 that `paperconf' is linked against it.  It recompiles with no
 changes, so there's no reason why a libc6 release couldn't happen
 with very little work involved.  (15 minutes)  Since `gs-aladdin'
 really only needs the libpaper.so, and it depends on "libpaper
 (>=1.0-1), there's no problem there, the dependancy won't change.

 Here's the new control file from "debian/tmp/DEBIAN/"

Package: gs-aladdin
Version: 5.03-1
Architecture: i386
Depends: libc6, libjpegg6a, libpng0g, xlib6g (>= 3.3-5), zlib1g, libpaper (>=1.0-1)
Recommends: gsfonts (>=4.01-3), gv
Conflicts: gs
Replaces: gs
Provides: postscript-viewer
Installed-Size: 2600
Maintainer: Karl M. Hegbloom <karlheg@inetarena.com>
 This version is Aladdin copy right, not GNU copyleft, see
 "/usr/doc/copyright/gs".  Ghostscript is used for postscript preview
 and printing.  Usually as a back-end to a program such as `gv', it
 can display postscript documents in an X11 environment.
 .
 Furthermore, it can render postscript files as graphics to be printed
 on non-postscript printers.  Supported printers include common
 dot-matrix, inkjet and laser models.
 Shall I upload this one?  (Please?  It took 2 days of work.)  Until
 then, a copy for examination can be found at:

	http://www.inetarena.com/~karlheg/Public/Debian

--
mailto:karlheg@inetarena.com (Karl M. Hegbloom)
http://www.inetarena.com/~karlheg