Re: My latest hamm upgrade killed PPP somehow

Larry Gilbert wrote:
> After my most recent hamm upgrade, my PPP seems to have stopped working.
> I use the ppp package along with the diald package.  Connection seems to
> work all right, but then I get "sl0: transmit timed out" messages, and
> nothing else happens.  Is it just me?  I will follow up with package
> version numbers after I boot into Debian again.

I updated netbase and netstd, and discovered that route seems to be trying
to do dns lookups when you tell it to add a route (even when you specifiy IP
numbers). Perhaps this is releated to your problem? Did you try waiting 10
minutes or so with the connection up?

Other than that, my ppp works ok.

--
see shy jo