Re: Upgrading the kernel without rebooting?

> However, I've read several times that it was good practice to reboot a
> UN*X system every several monthes, to help it stay in good health...

If you are upgrading it and twiddling /etc files, I think it's definitely
a good idea just to make sure everything starts up as expected.  I've been
burnt several times on reboot due to bugs or braindamage on my part.

I wonder if Microsoft is considering designing WinNT so you never have
to reboot it?  Last time I did some configuration for a client, I must
have rebooted 30 times.

Cheers,

 - Jim