Re: Why does sendmail depend on procmail?

On 13 Oct 1997, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

> 	Ok, I'll grant you that a script may be suboptimal. Could I
>  then assume that the next version of sendmail shall not depend on
>  procmail? I do not have the latter installed, and sendmail forced me
>  to use force-depends to get installed.

We've basically come to that conclusion, yes.

> 	I could file a bug report as a reminder.

That would probably be helpful (since I really don't care if sendmail
never uses deliver again).

--
                     |        The mark of your ignorance is the depth of
   Scott K. Ellis    |           your belief in injustice and tragedy.
   storm@gate.net    |     What the caterpillar calls the end of the world,
                     |               the master calls a butterfly.
                     |                       -- Illusions
     Scott K. Ellis      |      Thinking is more interesting than knowing,
     storm@gate.net      |          but less interesting than looking.
                         |                       -- Goethe
                       |        Your friends will know you better in the
    Scott K. Ellis     |     first minute you meet than your acquaintances
    storm@gate.net     |           will know you in a thousand years.