Re: YADW (Yeat another dpkg wishlist)

> Dpkg really, really needs depedency sorted unpack/configuring. Having to
> say to our users that the install will work fine, just redo n times the
> install and configure several times isn't any good publicity for debian.

Dpkg does do dependency sorting on configuration, but not on
unpacking.  The "redo n times" is mostly because dpkg-ftp doesn't use
--predep-package.  I'm modifying Klee's dpkg-ftp 1.5 for that, and
improving several other things.

It will hopefully replace the other dselect backends for hamm.  This
is just meant an interim solution until deity, etc., are built.

Guy