REQ ip-up: run-parts /etc/ppp/up

Hi,
apparently this has already been requested:
have /etc/ppp/ip-up and ip-down run-parts somedir.
Since there is at least one package other than ppp that's
gonna be affected I'm posting this to the list rather than
to ppp maintainer.

I was installing slrn the other night and told it to run
slrnpull from ip-up.  Sure enough, it happily added its
shell commands right after "exit 0;" of my perl ip-up.
I suspect there would be some other packages that do this.

The proper solution was suggested by folks on #Debian: have
a directory for scripts and run-parts it from ip-up.
FWIW I have set it up here and can e-mail it -- if anyone
(esp. Philip) wants to have look.

--
Dimirti
If Jesus was Jewish, why did he have a Puerto-Rican name?