Re: new e2fsprogs & partitions > than 2gig?

   Date: Mon, 20 Oct 97 18:28 PDT
   From: bruce@pixar.com (Bruce Perens)

   > Fortunately, RedHat is much more conservative about its libc choices

   They certainly have a LIBC 6 release in development, just as we do.
   Perhaps I didn't understand your comment?

I was referring to the use of the version of libc5, where they're still
using libc 5.3.12.  I can understand making incompatible, data-losing,
changes in LIBC 6, but making the same destablizing changes in libc 5 is
really a very, very, bad idea.

I believe that's one of the reasons why RedHat didn't go beyond libc
5.3.12, but instead chose to apply only relevant security patches to
libc 5.3.12.

							- Ted