Wierd crashes

Lately my machine's been crashing at odd times -- generally when I've not
been using it for a few hours.  It is a Cyrix 166+ machine with 64
megs of ram, and it runs continuously,  connected to the net via a
10-base-T ethernet connection. About the only thing it does while I'm not
physically at the terminal is fetchmail.  The logs don't show anything
obvious;  these are the things I'm considering,  but if anyone has any
others I'd be appreciative.

Possible problems:
1) bad data in /var/run/utmp -- I don't know how to fix this.
2) XF86_SVGA -- I'm considering going to ActiveX because they claim to
have full Diamond 3D 3000 support,  and the Xfree version is still a bit
beta.
3) Xlock -- I *always* lock the screen when I'm away from the machine,  so
that's the only thing other than fetchmail that runs.
4) fetchmail?  Don't see how this could crash it tho.

		Any ideas?
                     					Will

|             harpo@udel.edu lowe@cis.udel.edu lowe@debian.org           |
|			http://www.cis.udel.edu/~lowe/		         |
|               You say "Love is a temple.  Love the higher law."        |
|	        You ask me to enter,  but then you make me crawl.        |
|	          And I can't be holding on to what you got              |
|	                   When all you got is hurt.                     |