Re: Idiot's Guide to Debian Packaging

On Wed, 5 Nov 1997, Will Lowe wrote:

> I'm trying to put together an "Idiot's Guide to Debian Packaging" for
> protomaintainers who are trying to figure out deb-make.  We've got a few
> things of this sort floating around,  each of which is somewhat
> incomplete,  and don't explain things in simple enough terms for someone
> who doesn't really understand the system to make a package.

It's been over a month since I last posted about my efforts in this
quarter.  I've been a lot busier than I anticipated but slowly but surely
I'm finishing up and i dare hope I'll even be finished by the weekend.  As
there are one or two other people working on similiar documents maybe we
could work to gether rather than unneccesarily duplicating effort?  It's
just an idea, I don't want to dissuade you from doing what you want.

> I'm hoping to make
> html-ized versions of all the basic debian/* files
> needed to run deb-make with a decent explanation of EXACTLY what should go
> in each field,  etc...

That's what I've done in my doc. (I think you gave me that suggestion.)

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@braincells.com>