Re: wu-ftpd, badly hacked libc6 version available

joost witteveen writes:
> Hi,
>
> If other people are as annoyed as I am by wu-ftpd screwing up
> there wtmp file, maybe you want to try
>
>   ftp://rulcmc.leidenuniv.nl/debian/upload/wu-ftpd_2.4-28_i386.deb

You could also try proftpd from unstable. It has lots of features, it's
GPL, libc6 and wtmp looks OK.

 A powerful replacement for wu-ftpd, this daemon supports hidden
 directories, virtual hosts, and per-directory ".ftpaccess" files.
 It uses a single main configuration file, with a syntax similar to
 Apache.
 .
 Because of the advanced design, anonymous-FTP directories can have
 an arbitrary internal structure (bin, lib, etc, and special files are
 not needed).
 .
 More information can be found at http://www.proftpd.org/.

-Topi