inconsistent init.d arguments

I've been really annoyed lately on my laptop with my seeming inability to
guess at the options to scripts in /etc/init.d.  Specifically, some of the
scripts use 'reload', some use 'restart'.

The majority that provide a reload or a restart use 'reload'.  I find this
non-intuitive, since we use 'start' and not 'load' for the normal startup.

I looked briefly, but didn't find this mentioned in the policy documents I
have.  What's the right answer?  I'd like to file a set of bug reports to
achieve consistency, but thought I'd solicit comments here first.  Frankly,
I'd like all the scripts to handle either 'reload' or 'restart'.  This
shouldn't be a significant burden.

Thoughts?

Bdale