Re: Debian Linux and LS120 drive?

Jeremy,

I was unaware that an LS120 was bootable at all.  If it is, you should
be able to install Debian from it.  The Linux kernel does support the
LS120 as of version 2.0.31; however, the current Debian install disks
use 2.0.29.

Basically, it is possible to install from the LS120 from what you've
told me, but it will require some trickery.  I would reccommend that
you temporarily replace it with a normal floppy.  Once your system is
installed, you can put the LS120 back in and Linux will support it.

John

Jeremy Trask <jeremyt@sqf.hp.com> writes:

> Hi
>
> I have a system which has an LS120 drive as the A: drive. The
> system is bootable from this drive. Would I be able to install
> your Linux product using this drive and does your system support
> it's usage?
>
> Regards...jeremy
>
> --
> Jeremy Trask             | Phone:  +44 (0) 131 331 6053 Direct Dial
> Hewlett Packard - TSD    |         +44 (0) 131 331 1000 Ext 33053
> Telecom Systems Division | Fax:    +44 (0) 131 331 7987
> South Queensferry        |
> Scotland EH30 9TG        | E-Mail: jeremyt@hpsqf.sqf.hp.com

John Goerzen          | Developing for Debian GNU/Linux (www.debian.org)
Custom Programming    | Debian GNU/Linux is a free replacement for
jgoerzen@complete.org | DOS/Windows -- check it out at www.debian.org.