Re: New 'land' attack -- Debian immune.

On Tue, 25 Nov 1997, Felix Schroeter wrote:

> What the heck is that 'land' attack, anyway? I recently heard of an
> attack with strange fragment offsets. But to that, BSD was already
> immune, which contradicts the statement in the text you did quote.

I think that refers to a bogus packet, spoofed to look like it's coming
from the same host as the receiver. I don't know why it's called "land".
It basically hangs/reboots the machine. I have tried hard to land the
debian boxes here, but nothing. Windows machines, oh, well... they go down
like flies. The "new" TCP code from MS fixes that.

		Marcelo Magallón