providing services for free software

On Wed, 26 Nov 1997, James A. Treacy wrote:
>Other Linux distributions get some good free publicity by
>supporting free projects. This is something we should pursue.
>You can't put a price on thoughts like, "hey, Debian is sponsoring
>Linux java. I want to get involved in that".
>We already have the ability of easily setting up mailing lists.
>Perhaps offering web space would be a good idea.

Um, that's a nice idea; but many of our resources are donated for the
use of the Debian Project, and the donators may be miffed if we spread
it round randomly...

--
David/Kirsty 'Gotterdammerung' Damerell.     damerell@chiark.greenend.org.uk
CUWoCS President.  http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~damerell/   Hail Eris!