Probably a simple question

Hello,

I have just installed Debian 1.31 on a Compaq Deskpro XE 4100. The installation took nine attempts, wait though, it was my own lack of understanding, not the Debian process. I installed from floppy and the ftp'ed the rest down. Once I got my act together it was a snap.

I must congratulate all involved on the Dselect programme. Sure it is confusing to start with and I still am learning, but the idea and approach is great. Well done!

If possible can you assist me with the following.

The machine I run Debian on has a non supported video card for XFree86. It's a QVision XXXX.

I have an InfoMagic developers kit and this has Metro-X server in it. What's the low down on installing it on my system? Can this be done or was it only included as part of the Red Hat release? The Metro-X server supports the QVision 1024. I'm not sure if mine is a 1024 or a 2000 off the top of my head.

From what I've read AcceleratedX is the only way I can go if it's a QVision 2000 . Is this correct?

Any assistance and guidence is appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

David Simpson